Support our Sponsors!
Standings and Results
- Official Season Starts: Wednesday April 3rd 2013 - Wednesday September 4th 2013
- Start time is 5:00 PM for April and 5:30 for May though the remainder of the season
- Top 25 Shootout on Saturday, October 19
- Any PMGA member in good standing (DUES PAID) may participate.
- Not a member? Grab a form from the pro shop or menís locker room and sign up today.
- All skill levels welcome and encouraged to come out and play.
- No need to sign up in advance, just show up on Wednesday and play. On week 1, the league will play the front nine, on week 2 the league will play the back nine and will alternate weekly. If not sure where the league is starting, ask the pro shop!
- Scoring is based on a quota Stableford system. Quota= Your menís blue tees handicap subtracted from 36 divided by 2. For example, if your handicap = 16, 36-16=20 divided by 2 makes your quota 10.
- Points for a hole are determined by gross Stableford system: Double Bogey or worse = -1, Bogey = 1, Par = 2, Birdie = 3, Eagle = 5.
- Finish is determined by the difference between your Stableford points and your quota. For example, if you score 12 points and your quota is 10, your difference is +2.
- The MGA board member in charge each night will have the latest printout of everyoneís handicap, please check with him to verify your handicap and your nightly quota.
- Highest difference for the night takes the first place.
- Note: Please record your stroke score for each hole, as well as your Stableford score. It is your responsibility to post all scores. The Pro Shop will assist with any posting questions, and the handicap committee will be reviewing our results and ensuring that all scores are entered into the VSGA handicap system.
- Standings will be sent out every other week starting the 1st week of May. You have 1 week after standings are sent out to report any discrepancies to the PMGA board, if not your scores will be final.
Weekly Prize Money
- League standings are based on your weekly accumulated points. You must participate in a minimum of SIX events in order to be eligible for the season ending shootout.
- Note that if you fall short of your weekly quota, negative points are subtracted from your total. Even if you get negative points, they still count towards your season total, so please keep accurate scores each week.
- Top 25, as determined by their top six scores, will be eligible for the season-ending shootout.
- There will be a $20 entry fee each week. There will be a different appointed PMGA board member each week who will be taking names, collecting money and sending groups off the 1st or 10th tee. Please, DO NOT go off if you havenít signed the sign-up sheet, paid your money and checked with the PMGA board member in charge that night. The league starting time is will be strictly enforced this year; no one will be allowed to play earlier than the scheduled start time. If you do, your scores WILL NOT count, regardless of what you shoot. Also, you must turn your scorecards in promptly at the end of your round. If you continue to play and do not turn in your scorecards, your scores will not be counted. The PMGA board member in charge each week will tee off in the last group that goes out and will begin tallying the scores as soon as he finishes.
- $10 of the entry fee total is paid out each week: 1st (60%) / 2nd (30%) / 3rd (10%) and ties for that night. $5 is paid out to the winners of the birdie pool (If you birdie a hole that no one else birdies that night you get percentage of the birdie pool). If there are no birdies, the money goes onto the end of the year shootout pool. $5 is added to the pool for the season-ending shootout.
- The end of the year shootout will be on October 19, 2013. The top 25 players based on their top six scores will compete in a net shootout with 100% handicap. The shootout will be nine holes and the MGA Board will determine the elimination schedule based on the number of qualifiers that play. All net triple bogies or worse will be eliminated on any of the first holes, until we get down to 5 players. The goal is to have 5 players remaining with 4 holes to play with one player being eliminated until a winner is determined on the 9th hole. If after the 9th hole there is a tie, we will continue with one extra hole (#1). If there is a tie after the additional hole, the remaining players will have a challenging chip off to determine a winner.